Monday 19 October 2009

Apartment Therapy Cure Week 1


So this was Apartment Therapy week 1.  This week I was supposed to:-
  • Remove one item from my house and put it outside
  • Buy fresh flowers
  • Sit for 10 minutes in a part of my home that I never sit in
  • Choose one room to focus on for redecorating
  • Look through images to get inspiration for said room
And this is what I managed to achieve...........



  • I chose this image to sum up how I want my playroom to look (I already have this cushion and I don't know if that is what makes it feel so familiar).  I love the grey on the walls here and the vintage armchair.... and all the 'stuff'



  • The Queen of Clean did his part scrubbing the grout in the shower with an old toothbrush, whilst protesting 'I can't believe you are taking a picture of this'.



  • We built a house with paper walls for a boiled egg (not strictly on the list but still in the interior design 'arena')



  • We did a lot of playing and tidying up.
  • We took out an exercise bike from our bedroom.
  • I threw out lots of boardgames that were incomplete.
  • I didn't buy fresh flowers but I did mean to.
  • But we did get two black 10 week old kittens from the kitten rescue.  Here is one...



Meet Martha (the other is Rose and looks identical).  Have you any idea how hard it is to take a decent picture of a black kitten on a charcoal sofa?  That is my attempt to explain the poor shot above.

Again not strictly on the Apartment Therapy list, but a lot more fun than fresh flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, found you on the Apartment Therapy board. Your house looks lovely already! Hope all is going well. I'll be back. Come and visit me a www.cowgirlinwellies.blogspot.com if you want to see my little spare room project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay kittens! I just adopted one myself about a month ago...my first cat as an adult and I love having her around.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails