Monday 20 December 2010

Enough



Things are sometimes a bit black and white for me.  I’m trying to get a bit more grey into my life.  To know that being somewhere between all or nothing is okay.  Let me give you an example, I remember reading years ago that you should put 10% of your take home pay into savings.  Although achievable this has always felt quite a sizeable sum, and with my growing brood and our mortgage commitments it really hasn’t been possible every month.  So instead of putting away what I could afford I have abandoned it.  Which is really rather short-sighted.

The same principle applies to lots of things for me (diets......I won’t bore with you the tedious details), finding time to read books that I want to (I know I’ll get interrupted so don’t start for fear of not being able to finish the book), starting craft projects (again thinking they won’t be perfect or good enough so why start?).  The list goes on and on.

But on this journey to a more simple, considered way of approaching things I’m embracing enough.  It is okay for something to be good enough.  The money I can save, the time I can spend on something, the quality of an explanation I’m giving in a work email, the help I can give with my eldest’s homework,  the decluttering I can achieve on the playroom shelves (evidence in the picture above!)

It doesn’t have to be perfect to be meaningful.  Doing something is better than nothing at all. 

Grey, welcome aboard.

Disclaimer - please note this post contains a sponsored link.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, this post has touched a nerve. So, for 2011, grey will be the new black. Or white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. certainly learning this as i get older. the not starting a craft project because it wouldnt turn out wonderful would annoy me. im trying to overcome that.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, an all or nothing girl after my own heart! Despite having my PF blog for nearly two years I STILL find it hard to save a little bit here and there when I can't afford to save big 'chunks' of cash. Good luck with finding a bit of grey in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I embrace my greyness. Have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your Christmas is lovely and sunny Anna, and your New Year is a casual and stylish grey.
    Love to you and yours from me and mine.
    Jo xx
    btw.. Love love love those built in shelves :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails