Thursday 16 February 2012

Budget bathroom makeover - the before shots


I cannot wait to show you what we've done with this room on a tiny budget.  Honestly, this little room was so horrific I had kind of blanked it out.  If I had to use one word to describe it's previous state it would have been 'unloved'.  We lived with it like this for about 3 years.

Noteworthy (in my opinion) are:

  • the tiles that we started chipping off the wall when we first moved in and then abandoned due to lack of funds to replace
  • the gap showing the delightful chipboard floor between the wall and where the lino stopped - used to be some rotten boxing there covering the pipes
  • the mahogany loo seat....very 1980's
  • the lack of bath panel - no idea why we thought we were better off without it.
  • the placement of loo roll - how delightful.  No holder.  Am sure that floor was a pretty regular holding spot.
But wait.  It gets better!  View from the other side........


No shower attachment meant that we got to use a red food jug (on the cabinet) to rinse our hair when washing.  And we almost have a 'feature wall' of chipped tile.  Such a lovely view to ponder whilst having a soak.

So this weekend I promise I will update with progress.  What we have achieved on a budget of £500 and many weekends of hard work. The Queen of Clean has excelled himself this time.

5 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog and cannot wait to see the bathroom makeover.I have been doing up my house forever and it is constantly evolving from granny chic in places to retro industrial frathouse in other places.The thing is with doing up on a shoestring you have to be patient,patient,patient..
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is indeed essential! And an open mind I think.

    Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New here but can't wait to see what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you done it yet? I have just come across this blog on google and I am DESPERATE to see and be inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry all - so embarrassed I never updated on this. Very bad of me. Update on it's way really, in a couple of days xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails